Monday, September 12, 2011

Seriously! I don't know what I'm doing. I think I know what I am doing.

A strange and beautiful thing happened last Wednesday.
Jo Eberhardt (http://thehappylogophile.wordpress.com/)commented on my blog.
Such a simple thing really but it sent me wild with excitement.
Someone of Jo's calibre had taken the time out to read what I had written.
AND then gone to the trouble of adding her own comment.
I was orbiting the globe.
But then Gravity (that old kill joy) got busy and caught me by the ankles and started to pull.
I resisted of course. What true Rocket man wouldn't.
But I did crash land to earth some time about Fri noon.
It was too late to stop it happening.
I had been consumed by self doubt.
What am I doing on this blog page?
There are serious writers out there who blog about serious writer stuff.
If I were to run on to the pitch with the professional footballers I would get injured or worse still be shown up for the amateur that I am.
So with a nod to Jo and all the other serious writers I am going to take this blogging business more seriously.
There! I've said it. Now all I have to do is make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile. Not least of all because I had my own "what the hell am I doing?" moment when I started out. (You can read about it here if you're interested.)

    Best of luck. You'll be fine.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete